Sunday, March 8, 2015

Week 22: The 20 week checkup (boring, don't read)

Week 22

I finally had another doctor's appointment today! It was a triple hit too. Since this was the first (and probably last) visit to the dr in Boulder, I had the health screening with the nurse, ultrasound, and check up with the doctor all at once. ...It took four hours, but at least it was only one trip!...? Really, it was pretty boring.

The health screening was a waste really since they have all my info from the last time I did it in Springfield. The ultrasound was good. I was very grateful to see she has all the parts and is measuring exactly for her estimated due date. (But she didn't really move, and that is the real fun part!) And then I sat in the examination room waiting for the doctor for an hour. Blah. I don't mind waiting, I understand the purpose for it, but she came in, measured my belly and answered two questions. Talk about underwhelming? Couldn't I have just gone to a chat room for this? I don't hate doctor's offices, I just didn't even want to go at all here since I knew we would be leaving again soon. And that's just my bad attitude. Hmph.

Then after my crazy long appointment, a nurse brings out a bottle of glucose and a lab order to get my gestational diabetes test done. She all casually says, you could do it now if you want...  No. NOpe. I had been in their office all afternoon so I obviously have NOT been fasting. I have snacks in my purse for times like this. So she said okay when you are ready, fast, take the drink, and an hour later, come back to the lab. Ehhh, so get all pukey nasty and drive here? Also nope. But I just said okay, put the drink in my purse and I have ignored it since. I'm not doing it! I don't wanna!!!!!! YUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

Where are you bump?????

No comments:

Post a Comment