Sunday, December 21, 2014
Week 9: First trimester can suck it
I don't really feel pregnant. Except that I feel inclined to sit every 30 minutes at work... but I'm not entirely sure that is a new thing. I have been feeling super blessed with my minimal pregnancy symptoms! I know I have had a lot of things help me prepare for it.
1. Frequency of pee-stops: I've been peeing my whole life. I'm pretty good at it. AND NOW I DO IT ALL THE TIME. yup.
2. Nausea: Before I got pregnant, I was taking a medicine that would make me feel downright icky for most of the morning. I got the "must be morning sickness" jokes all the time. SO funny, ha. Well, jokes on you punks, I am pregnant now and morning sickness can suck it. It's nothing compared to an accidental double dose of that medicine (yeah... which leads me to my next point).
3. Mommy brain: I've got a pretty good long term memory. But anything that has happened in the last five minutes is free game. This was pretty true before I got pregnant. I've just got a lot of things wandering on up there... I basically just DVR current crap and catch up when I stop thinking about ridiculous things (most likely about the mysteries of turtles and space). ANYWAY, so my mommy brain is really probably the same or only slightly worse but somehow better? I mean better because people give me a break for it now as a cute pregnant thing. Yay!
4. Emotional swings: I am awesome at this one! (At having the mood swings and also keeping them in control...) Only because of extensive training. Growing up with brothers teaches you important lessons. The relevant lesson here is keep-your-crazy-lady-stuff-to-yourself. After much practice and many crazy teenage years, I finally could partition my real emotions and my period emotions. They feel totally different. One is crazy and emotional and irrational. The other is silly and fun and still crazy. It's easy to not give stock to something you know is fake. So when Kaio asks why I'm crying or whatever, it's simple. I'm pregnant. I'm crying. Hug me and I'll probably stop soon.
In other news, trying to get ready for the primary program! It may be a disaster, but with primary you can always count on it to be an adorable disaster! Yay :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment