Sunday, December 21, 2014

Week 11 and plot twist


Prep week. This was the mad dash of getting things ready to leave for our Thanksgiving trip.

BUT WAIT! Um crazy plot twist in our totally unstable lives... We are moving to Colorado. Kaio got a promotion which means that he has to go on the road full-time. It was a crazy hard decision to make about whether is was the right thing for us and the baby and how everything would work out. We spent  a lot of time on our knees and I made a lot of flow charts and lists. I tried to think about quitting my job this week but I didn't want to let that fester while I was gone on vacation.

Quitting was actually already on my mind. Unfortunately. Before we even got the news about Kaio's promotion, I had finished application and interviews for other companies. I love so many things about my company but there are some things that are just unacceptable. Disrespecting my intelligence. Disrespecting me as a person. I know that I may not have the same amount of experience as other people but I know that I am equally the same amount a person and should be treated as such.

WORST NEWS ABOUT THE WHOLE THING: Kaio only gets Christmas Day off. WHATTTTTT. We were planning on a whole week with my family in Idaho. Ouch. Ouchie. Sad face for the rest of my life.  Sooooo, we took off my remaining vacation days in addition to the ones we already planned to see my parents (just in case there was no way for Kaio to be around during the holidays).

So, this week, what had been the planning to get ready to leave for Thanksgiving in California turned into planning to leave Missouri by the 8th of December (Kaio) and also adding a million more hours in the car by meeting my parents in Chicago after Thanksgiving. Lots of details. No time.

Kaio's task: wrap the presents that are coming with us on the trip. His response.

No comments:

Post a Comment