My parents visited this week! Fun! Dad talked about his new ham radio contraptions and Mom tried to buy me things that I "need".
Originally, I invited my parents to come so they could be there when we went to find out the sex of our baby. But then the transfer to our new insurance plan was a disaster and we don't have coverage until February. Really, in the scheme of things, not a big deal. My momma said she would come out again if she had to [and my dad wasn't really all that interested in attending the ultrasound anyway (he doesn't like it when families show up when he does examinations so he didn't want to do that to another doctor)].
BUTTTTT my sister who is in Ohio was just dying to know the sex of the baby. She text me a link to an elective ultrasound service that is nearby us. The text said, "Please do this with your parents and Kaio. Or I'll die." Ha. So, momma and I ran a few extra errands in order to get all the logistics worked out for doing the ultrasound. It really felt like all of the odds were against us... even the weather was terrible and made us 30 minutes late for the appointment. Luckily, everything all worked out fine! We went and it was wonderful! I was particularly grateful that my dad was there because he could assure me that everything looked good and normal about the little peanut.
| Momma and I made an ultrasound display |
| It's a baby! |
| Baby girl! (Sorry girlie, I'm already the embarrassing mom, showing your junk to the whole internet) |

![]() |
| Haha. You are so adorable, sister. |
Now, we have 22 weeks to fight about baby girl names...yaaaaaaaaaay.? Haha.
The main issue now will be to figure out how to hold the floodgates of things that my mom will try to buy now that she knows what to buy! Many a little flower bows were almost purchased the next day.


You used 'sex' correctly! Yeah literacy! All the best girl names are for brunettes; not much chance of that is there? So the best blonde names are Else, Amanda, Sarah, and Gwendolyn. Those exclude blonde names currently in use, of course.
ReplyDelete