Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Week 15: more family love



I stayed in IF for a couple extra days after Kaio left. Although I was sad to see him go, I was extra thankful for the extra little bits of time with my family (especially those I don't get to see as often!).

We were able to go to the temple together, take the kids to a pizza-arcade place, and just enjoy each other's company. I filled up any extra gaps (provided by me being the only one without a baby to tend to) frantically finishing up a crochet moose for a good friend whom just had her third baby!

The moose turned out so cute! Almost cute enough to deserve the love of this handsome fella

I had a great time talking with all my sisters and with my mother about their different birth experiences: what they liked, what they didn't like, what they would do differently, the things that seemed the most important, and all the technical details of giving birth these days. We have all been blessed to have great experiences and healthy babies. In the end, I could see that each of these beautiful women were successful in their births because they were in a place where they felt comfortable, a place where their heart and mind could be at ease. As we talked, I felt more comfortable with my decision in having a baby a birth center. Not because I think poorly of any other way. I just know that I will feel most at peace at the location I found. 

And once again, altogether, being pregnant has been awesome this week! I sit when I get tired or a little dizzy. I rest when I feel like I need to rest. Everything is good! Making babies is work, but good work. Happy work. And the result still doesn't feel quite real yet! Soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment