Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Week 16: Back pain and lemurs



It has been busy! I started helping teach homeschool for the kids that travel around with us. Four hours a day, along with another lady (my sister-in-law, bonus!), we teach three first grade boys. It is an adventure!

I've been having pretty bad lower back pain and I'm trying to figure out something to soothe it. Kaio recommends icing it... but I just don't like ice. (it's cold)[YEAH]. So, I've just decided to be a weenie about it. At about 2 or 3 pm, I'm out. No more picking things up or bending over for me. For example: yesterday I went to the zoo with some friends and their kids. One little boy in his stroller threw off his hat while we were all standing around a lemur display. Rather than just picking it up and putting it back on him (which would have been normal and easy to do), I just had to pathetically point and say hey... hat....on the floor. AKA I'm not picking it up and STOP JUDGING ME. In reality, it probably wasn't awkward for anybody else and nobody noticed except me.

So whee! Just trying to sort out the disaster that comes from quitting a job and moving and changing insurance and being pregnant and not living in the place that you will give birth because you know you will move again. But I think I am almost there. The only casualty of the whole ordeal is that I won't be able to get my mid-pregnancy ultrasound when my parents are visiting in a week. Which is definitely a total bummer.


No comments:

Post a Comment