Sunday, December 21, 2014

Week 13: Chicago and a move



Okay.. this is going to be 2 weeks worth of events because I can't count. oh no. Maybe 3. Something went wrong. Blame it on mommy brain? Done.

We #hotelprius'd our way back to Springfield and dropped the dog off at a kennel. After a quick rest and re-pack, we headed straight to Chicago!

Chicago was filled with great fun and some brand new preggo experiences! Our hotel was far enough away from my parents' that we had to take the L to meet them. Every morning the train was packed with rush hour people. It was enough to let some serious nausea set in. Additionally, since the Mike and Lauren and Co cuties were there, we had some late starts on Chicago activities. Overall, this didn't really matter because we were just there to enjoy everybody's company BUT it meant that breakfast always turned into brunch. Brunch does not compute with 1st trimester people. No no no.
So Chicago was the closest I have been to puking. One morning I woke up thinking, yeah.. today is the day I toss my cookies. I dry heaved a couple times on the way to the train. The first train to come by was jam-packed. I looked at Kaio and was like, NO WAY. So we let it go and waited for the next one. I spent the time by harassing a station worker. I told him I didn't want to puke on everybody on the train. He gave me a plastic bag and some napkins and told me to not worry about the people. He was super nice. THE NEXT TRAIN WAS EMPTY. There can be miracles, if you belieeeeeeeeeeeeve.

Later, I chased Kaio for a half block just for fun and had to stop to think about puking again.
Altogether, Chicago was really fun!
Tiny weird water closet at our hotel. 

Mom and baby cuteness at the Natural History Museum

Scarf ladies
When we got home it was a mad dash to get all the heavy stuff loaded into our trailer for storage.

BUT we had another doctors appointment! Finally! I thought it was supposed to be an ultrasound but it was just a sonogram. Nevertheless, it was adorable. That little fast heartbeat made everything seem so real. Kaio has been telling everyone that is was a boy heartbeat. He could tell. ;)

So Kaio left for Colorado and I had one more week left of work. I would pack pack pack all I could after work but maybe I also took some naps? It was a bittersweet last week of work. I really did love working at that company. I will absolutely miss the people more than anything else.

At this crazy stuffed point, the calvary arrived and helped me with all the last minute packing and cleaning. It was a heaven-send. So grateful for the love and support that is in that Fordland Branch.
 I arrived in Colorado very tired and worn out. But Kaio knows me too well. He must have heard me think earlier that week, "wouldn't it be cool if Kaio put up the Christmas decorations?" I walked into the apartment and it was simply magical. It brought all the joy I had been missing this Christmas season since so much grief and worry has accompanied the season. A real Christmas tree. Lights. Our stockings hung on our fireplace mantel (we have a fireplace!? yay for being in Colorado!) It was adorable and maybe I cried. (I totally did).


Merry Christmas everybody! I hope that you will be able to be near those you love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment